Monday 22 July 2013

Clinique

My first encounter with Clinique dated roughly back to six years ago, when my mother passed me her Clinique Almost Powder makeup. It's fair to say I was clueless with makeup back then, but I do remember the end result left me feeling impressed. At a young age and not overly interested in makeup, I didn't part with £23 when the product ran out and at the age, I probably didn't need to either. Since then I became a dedicated user of Max Factor products and always will fall back to their mascara range (I find they even give high end products a run for their money).

These past few months I've found myself remembering how much I fell for their powder and decided to see if their other products matched up to my high expectations. As you can see, it's resulted in a little collection appearing. Being left consistently impressed, I have found myself opting towards Clinique when in need of replacing certain products and trying out new ones. I'll admit it is a little steep on the purse and after every purchase I do feel like I've made a small investment but I can promise you it has always been worth it.



Clinique always has some sort of great offer that I would really recommend you to take a look at. The skincare sample size products that are included in the above picture were part of a 'buy one skincare product and another makeup product and get a makeup bag filled with skincare products free'. Although having to spend roughly £60 to get the freebies (I already had two things in mind to buy so this was a bonus), they really are worth it. I've found myself falling for products I would not have previously tried, such as their eye cream and they really do tot up to being worth over £70 in all.

Although there are some items that didn't win me over from their samples, such as their body exfoliator scrub (the peppermint smell left me with the feeling that I was bathing in toothpaste and the consistancy wasn't gritty enough for my liking in a scrub), the products do still have a certain feeling of luxury about them.

At the time being I believe my collection can come to a halt for a little while, more so because my purse simply won't allow me to carry on my growing addiction, however I have been eyeing up their Fresh Bloom All Over blusher in Peony Blend, let's see how long I can keep my hands off of that.


What are your impressions of Clinique? Do you own any of their products?

No comments:

Post a Comment