Tuesday 25 June 2013

Life Lately



I've been home for summer from University for quite some time now and I can only describe my life currently as plodding along. I haven't done an awful lot that hasn't been work and I'm not really sure when I see this changing.

Reading...
the Liar - Stephen Fry.
I'm only a couple of chapters in, it's something a little different to my usual read and as Fry's first novel it definitely resembles parts of his autobiography which I find interesting. It is easy to see where inspiration for the novel came from.

Writing...
I haven't written any more to the novel I've been working on for quite a while now. Flicking through Marie Claire the other day I came across a writing competition that I'd like to take part in, it requires the first 6000 words of a women's contemporary novel and I'm 4000 words there. Hopefully this will motivate me to continue writing and not let the novel waste.

Watching...
Mad Men.
I began watching this some time ago, but I constantly have so many things to watch I go through phases of watching lots of episodes of one thing to many of another.

Listening to...
I haven't actually been listening to music much at all recently which is odd, I've found myself watching episodes of programmes a lot more, but of course I'll have to add City and Colour's latest album the Hurry and the Harm.

Looking forward to...
Going to the South of France in August, it's all i've been able to think about for months now, gosh I really need to make some more plans. I'm just looking forward to getting away somewhere hopefully hot, sinking in the different culture, and I can't deny the fact I'm very much looking forward to turning naturally bronze. I can't wait to walk the cobbled streets and drink cappuccinos in the sunshine whilst eating ice cream and other treats, just eleven days of relaxation without thinking about too much.

Thinking about...
Beginning to learn to drive again. I regret so much not just getting it over and done with when I was having regular lessons and so many of them that the final test wasn't too long away. Living in the countryside with both parents working and having to rely on public transport never works (it never turns up). I'm really interested in beginning yoga & meditation classes and I often want to go somewhere different for the day, whether alone or not. Of course this is all made a lot easier with the ability to drive. My birthday is just round the corner so I think i'll put the wishes of a new Radley bag aside and ask for something that will truly be beneficial.

Worrying about...
I haven't really been worrying much lately, the last thing I can remember was about going in to work to pull a pint when I did it ever so awfully the previous day. (I've had 4 shifts since on as just a 'waitress', so I think I get the hint of how bad I was!).



No comments:

Post a Comment